Welcome to Because I’m Lazy. I’m so glad you’re here!
I am Melissa, a wife, mom, and life-long organizing addict.
And I am lazy.
No, I’m not lazy in the way that my house is a pigsty and I’m filing bankruptcy.
I’m lazy in the way that I create shortcuts and find alternative solutions to everyday tasks.
Sometimes being lazy is lots of work.
For instance, on a recent trip to the grocery store, I took pictures of every single aisle sign. Why, you ask? Because now I can create an aisle map of my most frequented grocery store and organize my grocery list by aisle. [When I did this at our previous residence, I was able to get my weekly groceries for a family of four in 15 minutes (cart to checkout). Bonus: it keeps the $$ down and I’m up for anything that keeps money in my pocket.]
I’ve also created a comprehensive household finances tracker, single-handedly hauled my two kids under the age of three on a transatlantic round-trip, and created a free resource library. [For access, sign up for updates here.]
So, put your feet up, grab a glass of pinot or a cuppa, and browse. Here are a couple of my favorite articles to get you started.
- Create tutorials on Windows® using Steps Recorder and help your colleagues get it right the first time
Perhaps you’ll be able to relate to one of the anecdotes, learn a new trick, or get a hearty laugh at my expense. All of these would be appreciated reactions to this blog.
Which brings to mind my some things that will not be appreciated. Read below for my Comment Policy.
As always, if you find value in my content, please like, share, or comment.
I encourage you to participate in this blog via comments. All opinions and viewpoints are welcome, but please be constructive. I reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding submitted comments, including but not limited to removal of comments.
Comments that will be deleted include, but are not limited to, those that:
- violate any law or individual’s rights
- contain language or concepts that could be deemed offensive, including but not limited to: profane, abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libelous language;
- attack an individual directly or harass other posters;
- are repetitive postings, spam, solely promotional in nature, fraudulent or deceptive;
- are anonymous (if you won’t own it, why write it?);
- are off-topic or not relevant.
I reserve the right without notice to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog. This comment policy is subject to change at any time. If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please contact me at melissa [@] we are new at this [dot] com.
Thanks for coming!